Hello all, my name is Bryce Isbell I am one of a handful of owners of Magilum Records (www.magilumrecords.com). We at Magilum felt it necessary to create a lovely little blog here for updates album reviews. Really just an elitist opinion on music in the DFW scene, mainly the growing Denton scene. I hope you enjoy all we have up here. If anyone needs anything or has any questions you can contact me at bryceisbell@hotmail.com or www.myspace.com/bryceisbell.
-Bryce Isbell
Monday, July 30, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I saw that Magilum Records is promoting the NEW SABBATH FESTIVAL in Denton in August and has started this new Magilum Collective blog.
I'm always curious about the origin of names - how they relate to their usage - the image they convey (such as for businesses), etc., so here is my blog... Magilums (Ships of the death) were funeral boats used in ancient Sumer. İt is depicted as, " The last journey one must undertake" to the land of the death. As the sumerian pantheon was mostly based on an agricultural belief system, water was used as a passage to different planes and the gateway to the afterlife. İn the Gilgamesh Myth it was the funeral boat.
I'm curious about how others interpret or apply magilums to music or the music business and what impression such a name leaves you with. Any comments?
Post a Comment